2019年07月16日

'Ninomaru Teien' Japanese garden, a part of the Imperial Palace East Garden, was restored in 1968 to the original state in the 18th century.

IMG_0664.JPG

The first Ninomaru Teien was built in 1630 by the command of Tokugawa Iemitsu, the third shogun. Mr. Kobori Enshu, a leading landscape architect at that time, received the orders from the shogun. The documents reading that Tokugawa Iemitsu hosted a magnificent tea ceremony in this site is found. Thereafter in 1636, 'Ninomaru Goten' mansion was built next to this garden for the successive shoguns' private use, such as a relaxing place, retreat or their mother's residence. Present garden was restored according to the illustrated plan of the old garden in the 18th century. A variety of wild flowers are in full bloom every season. Particularly in June, 84 kinds of Japanese irises attract many visitors as shown in the picture.

Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,
Masahisa Takaki

HP-banner



posted by masahisa at 10:21 | Tokyo-gardens | このブログの読者になる | 更新情報をチェックする